Did you know you can make brownies and other desserts using nut butter as the base and not include any flour? I didn’t.
from Elana’s Pantry
1 16 oz. jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted
1 ¼ cups agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate chips 72% cacao
1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender.
2. Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla.
3. Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips.
4. Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish.
5. Pour batter into dish. Note: Don’t be worried if you think the brownie batter is spread too thin. It will rise when it bakes.
6. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes.