Goat Cheese Biscuits (recipe from my friend Katherine)
2 cups self-rising flour (you can make this by combining 1/2 tsp salt and 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder per cup of all-purpose flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) cold unsalted butter (cut it into tablespoons)
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) goat cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) buttermilk
Extra butter to grease pan and top biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and put the skillet or glass baking pan in the oven while you do the directions below.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Cut the cold butter and the goat cheese into the dry mixture.
4. Create a well in the middle to pour in the milk.
5. Pour in the milk.
6. Mix together.
7. Take out the pan and put biscuit size amount of dough on it, drizzle with butter.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
And yes, the best meal of 2010 included dessert. Specifically, chocolate souffles from now closed restaurant Etas-Unis in New York City (RIP). Thank God for recipes to keep foodie greatness alive.
2011, you have a lot to live up to. I’m ready to see what you’ve got.
What was your best meal of 2010?